Wednesday, November 19, 2014

carbon filler


CARBON UPDATE 20|11|14

My Carbon project has been expanding in my mind from a coherent collection of human-future conceptual design into a coherent collection of stories and characters, a place for all the scenarios, worlds, and IP ideas I've been thinking about for years. It's getting epic, and I'm pretty excited! 

It's going to take some planning though, and the kickstarter side of things will too. I want to do things right and make something special, so basically the kickstarter will go live when it's ready, which may take a while. But it will be worth it! Not to mention I have some other projects that need some serious time, and a shit load of awesome freelance work too.

In the mean time I'll keep everyone posted with how it's going, and post some artwork from time to time. A big thanks to those that have gotten in touch to say hello and support the project, cheers!

The piece above is something I sketched one morning last year before doing a live demo. I decided it would be too hard to paint in a couple hours, and did a crappy photochop for the audience instead, but at least I've had a chance since to render it up. It's what I would consider filler material in the book, so I though it would be more worth posting as an update instead of keeping it exclusive for the book. The exclusive Carbon work will be much more involved, interesting, and unique!

These images were fun though, and are all painted, no photos. Except for elements in the background of the top one. And the case in the bottom one. But that's pretty much it I swear!

The general idea with this guy is I wanted to draw a robot with a big gun, something a human soldier couldn't wield without it being mounted to a vehicle. It's just a bit of fun, and I like the way you can draw a robot holding a gun, then use the gun on it's own in another image. Two birds with one air burst grenade!

These images will also feature in the next installment of the 'Nuthin But Mech' books, which is shaping up to be the best yet. Be sure to pick up a copy when it's out. Cheers!

33 comments:

  1. New wallpaper!
    I'd be great if you sold some prints in the meantime ;)

    You're talking about Nuthin But Mech Volume 4, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was hoping that you would launch in December but I guess we're now looking at next year? If the project must take longer to complete then expect an email request from me for a specific design. Let me think about it over the next few days and I will email you my design idea. Perhaps I will post the idea to this blog as well.

    Thanks man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By design idea I mean something for you to include in the Carbon project.

      Delete
    2. Yo, not Aaron, but I'd love to hear you out for your design idea. I've been pretty creatively (and emptionally, and physically...) exhausted recently, and I've been trying to come up with unique design ideas, so, shoot. If it's even half as creative as something Aaron Beck has come up with, I'll be absolutely exhilerated.

      Delete
  3. Awww yisss mutherfukin flat top bot! Love the deets you put into that rifle bol too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mind blowing as always... How long did it take to render like this... So awesome man... I can't wait...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hand-painted goodness. Great work as usual Aaron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your work is a marvel, its way beyond its years! Ive never seen anything resembling what you are doing here, I love it! Please do reply to my email!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This project looks pretty awesome. Is great to see it as a new born, i bet it'll be gigantic in the future. Great update Aaron! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Need another update to keep us going till you are ready Aaron. Thanks. Happy New Year by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaron Beck, can you contact me want to talk about the post apocalyptic cuda
    Dana cactiman@aol.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaron Beck, can you contact me want to talk about the post apocalyptic cuda
    Dana cactiman@aol.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Earlier this A week, CD Projekt Red exposed new images for The Witcher 3 and for the studio space itself. The Maplestory2 Mesos Witcher 3 produces Feb 2015 for Console One, PlayStation 4, and PC. The PS4 edition may run better than the Console One edition, according to CD Projekt Red.

      Delete
  12. You haven't posted in a long time Aaron. It's been so long that spammers are starting to leave comments on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "As the New Year is fresh in mind, the dominant question in mind of everyone is, “How will you make 2015 a great year?”
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    _________________
    Buy Archeage Gold
    RS3 Gold
    RS Gold

    ReplyDelete

  14. ArcheAge is an MMORPG developed by Korean developer Jake Song (former developer of Lineage) and his development company, XL Games. The game was released in Korea on January 15, 2013, Europe and North America Cheap Archeage Gold on September 16, 2014, and has also had a closed beta in China. ArcheAge is described as a "sandpark" MMORPG, which the developers say is a hybrid of the open content style of a "sandbox" game and the more structured play experience of a "themepark" game.

    ReplyDelete
  15. One question:
    Is telescopic ammunition can be fired by arms with traditional charging system(like AK or M16 or any weapon with traditional ammo) or they requare system like the ones that has been used in LSAT or CTWS?

    ReplyDelete
  16. woow,i like carbon filer.
    is very amazing. i love this!!


    kumpuldrivers

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. You need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... Success for you


    Softonic

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, Aaron, I'm not sure if you're still reading comments on this blog, but just in case you are, I'd like to ask you a question about Carbon:

    What type of artwork should we be expecting in it?

    I know you've said several things about it in posts and comments, but I just wanted some clarification about what the art should be. You said they are very involved, interesting, and unique pieces that would not just be 'military robot with gun' stuff, and it would involve things along the lines of artificial muscle, synthetics, genetic engineering, etc.. I would like a few clarifications about what you meant by "involved" and "unique".

    Does involved mean something along the lines of a graphic novelesque story told through a series of images, different perspectives rather than the sort of omniscient viewer/photographer lens we've sort of viewed most of your art through, or something else entirely? Does unique mean ideas we haven't seen before, designs shown off in new ways — for example, showing one of your robots equipped with a 'Jaws of Life' rescue tool snapping off someone's head, or someone wearing an exoskeleton using a detachable arm to hold a car door as a shield —, both, etc?

    Really excited for the artbook by the way, love your designs. And again, I'd like to give a suggestion about using IndieGoGo and/or Patreon rather than KickStarter for reasons I've detailed in the comments of the Carbon Artbook post itself.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed... carbon

    ReplyDelete
  20. เว็บ ตรง สล็อต สล็อต เว็บ ตรง pg slot pg slot ค่ายเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ที่กำลังเป็นที่นิยมจากนักเล่นพนันทั้งโลก ด้วยประสิทธิภาพของตัวเกมที่ตามมาตรฐานตามระดับสากล ก็เลยมีความปลอดภัยสูง PG SLOT ทั้งยังในหัวข้อการจัดเก็บข้อมูลของผู้รับและก็ประเด็น

    ReplyDelete